Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Christianity In The Pax Romana + 5 Points

Today in class, we got our western civilization tests back that was on Tiberius Gracchus, Julius Caesar, the triumvirate and everything in between. I was of upset that I got an 80. I really did think that I had gotten at least a 90, but I guess not. I actually only got four wrong. The four I got wrong were; who was Tiberius' brother?--Gaius; those who lost their farms were reduced to the lowest citizen status, known as--proletariats; which o theses modern day countries was NOT part of ancient Gaul--Iran; upon assuming power, Octavian was given this honorific--Augustus. For the last one, though, Grace had found out that in the book it had said "Father of the Father Land," which was the answer I had put, so Mr. Schick gave us five points back, which change my 80 to and85 and bumped up my grade to an 88--2 POINTS AWAY!! After we went over the test, went started taking notes for the next chapter from the power point - Christianity In The Pax Romana.
  • A new religion in the empire.
  • It all began with Jesus.
  • Most of the info comes from the Gospels.
  • Jesus was a Jewish nomad who set himself apart from other messiahs.
  • Jesus told us to strive for perfection.
  • Jesus looked for the imperfect.
  • Jesus' followers believed he was the Messiah.
  • Jesus was both man and Son of God.
  • Jesus was a threat to the Roman Rule and the government crucified him.
  • monotheistic - one God
  • polytheistic - many gods
  • The followers of Jesus who attempted to spread his worl of his teachings were known as Apostles.
  • His followers believed Jesus rose from the dead and ascended into Heaven.
  • Paul of Tarsus became a follower of Jesus.
  • Paul talked of "predestination" - which meant God saved you when you were damned.
  • Paul was well-traveled, he helped found churches, and kept in touch with Christians.
After taking some notes, we had a pop quiz on what we had just learned. I had only gotten one wrong because I confused Peter with Paul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment